Saturday, December 25, 2021

REFLECTIVE 3 - CARE FOR YOURSELVES AND OTHERS

 


In this third reflective journal of mine, I'd like to share an experience regarding my Covid-19 vaccination shot on 16th July 2021. For me, I think this personal experience closely related to the SDG number 3 - good health and well-being.

I could still vividly remember, during the first times when the vaccines were being launched by WHO and government, there were several parties and groups of people objected and refused to get themselves vaccinated as they believed in the rumors and conspiracies about the vaccines. For instance, it was widely spread that some people said that the vaccines could make us infertile and that it can lead to long-term effect. This is absolutely false. 

Actually, I was a little bit afraid to take the shots too as I was worried that it will bring any side effects to my body coz as we all know, the Covid-19 vaccines were still new and anything might happen to the receivers of the vaccines. However, I got convinced by my parents that the vaccines were totally fine and safe. From there, I've gained much more confidence to take my shots. 

On the day of my vaccination shot, there were many people queueing up to enter the MAHSA hall. I waited patiently and completed all the consent forms and required procedures, helped by the MyVac volunteers. The process was smooth and the doctor was nice too. The jabbing process only took less than 2 minutes and I was really surprised of how fast the process could be! I was very impressed by all the volunteers as they helped us very much and all those processes would surely took time without them.
Covid-19 vaccines

I personally realized that this Covid-19 vaccinations is super important as it could help us reach herd immunity and lower down the spread of disease from person to person. I learned that it is not easy for the government to convince 100% of the community to get their shots although the privileges that are gained by the vaccinated person is numerous, in fact countless, however there are still some of the citizens who are still not confident with the vaccines and refuse to get themselves vaccinated.

In my opinion, we as a responsible citizen, must comply and adhere to whatever initiatives that are being carried out by the government as it is for our own good too. I'll take the Covid-19 vaccines as an example. Even though we are already in the modern and sophisticated era, it doesn't mean that the peoples minds are align with today's technological developments. There are plenty of people who refused to take their vaccinations mainly because they believed in the rumors and conspiracies about the vaccines. We must eliminate this kind of thinking as it absolutely false and untrue. We have to follow the words of the professionals in the biological field as they have the knowledge and know better about the situations and how to respond to it. And in fact, this vaccination initiative is a crucial step to maintain the community good health and well-being in fighting against this pandemic disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT UNGS 1201 - 2110554

INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT (EMILIA NATASYA) Attach above is the link to my individual assignment for UNGS 1201, entitled 'Malaysia Flood Cata...