Tuesday, December 21, 2021

REFLECTION 2 - IQRA', IN THE NAME OF YOU LORD.

 


For this second reflection entry, I'm going to write about a personal experience which closely related to SDG number 4, quality education.

Before Covid-19 became pandemic on March last year, I've been attending a Tahfiz Class which only took place on Sundays. Concisely, this Tahfiz Class was being held in a small mosque near my house and it was opened to all children, teenagers and youths aged around 5 until 22 and it started at 8.00 am and finished at 12.30 pm. The class was classified into two groups, boys and girls and was further divided into a few halaqah (groups). What's most interesting about this class was, it was a class that was opened to all, free of charge. The class also organized various interesting activities such as archery and annual Raya Festival.

This Tahfiz Class had allowed me to memorize few Juz of the Holy Quran including the selected Surahs such as Surah as-Sajadah, Surah al-Waqiah, Surah al-Mulk and many more. I've been attending the class since I was in Year 6 in primary school until 18 years old (the Covid-19 outbreaks). I couldn't tell how grateful I am for this priceless opportunity to be able to memorize few surahs of the Holy Quran. I could still vividly remember how patient were the teachers in the class, despite some of us were still learning to recite the Quran from the Muqaddam. The Tahfiz Class offered its platform to all students regardless of our backgrounds and level of education. This literally relatable with the SDG number 4 - quality education. 

The students waiting to perform Dhuha prayer while listening to morning tazkirah given by the teacher in the class. 

As for me, I think the most challenging moments were to attend the class consistently, as it was on weekend which was the 'rest time' for students like me, especially when it was exam period. Sometimes I found it difficult to always feel motivated to go the class. However, I'd always remind myself that this was part of my responsibility as Allah's servant on this Earth. I need to learn and memorize His words as it is one of the ways to gain blessings and rahmah from Him. I told myself, if I could not prepare myself for the Akhirah now, then when?  In fact, in every single thing that we do, we must always remember that this is all for the preparation of the Hereafter as it is our ultimate and final destination. 


Students in their respective halaqah.

Picture taken during annual Raya Festival.

Furthermore, I also think that the memorization process could sometimes be challenging and arduous for a non-religious school student like me. For me, the memorizing wasn't that difficult, but to maintain and retain the memorization in our memory was hard. And I know, all of the Hafiz and Hafizah feel the same too. Therefore, I'd always make sure that I will do the Murajaah session with the ustazah first thing when the class started. Besides, I'd also put on the Quranic recitation by Sheikh Mishary and Sheikh Saad Al-Ghamidi mostly on my Youtube playlists. This literally helped me to remember the Quran better in many ways.

Archery session.

From this experience, I learned that it is very important to appreciate and value all the time we have to learn and study and memorize the Holy Quran if we have the opportunity to do so, because we wouldn't know how much time we left in this world. Even now, I couldn't stop thanking The Almighty God for giving me a precious chance that not everybody gets. I miss going to the Tahfiz class very much. The benefits that I gained from it was numerous and the pleasure of attending the class was indescribable. I feel amazed with the committees of the Tahfiz Class because they were very dedicated to organize it to make sure all the children and teenagers in the community received quality education without anyone being left behind. They've opened a platform for the young generations to learn the Quran and religious knowledge to be well prepared for the upcoming challenges in this world and as preparation of the Akhirah too. Alhamdulillahi 'Ala Kulli Hal.





No comments:

Post a Comment

INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT UNGS 1201 - 2110554

INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT (EMILIA NATASYA) Attach above is the link to my individual assignment for UNGS 1201, entitled 'Malaysia Flood Cata...